All guys are rough, tough and insensitive, aren’t they? Well, of course they aren’t and they love to hear compliments, just as much as a girl does. Unlike girls though, men don’t often complement each other, which makes it even more important to them, when a girl does compliment them. Complimenting a guy on his hair, clothes or shoes may not be a big thing for a man, so read on, and find out 10 things that you can say to a guy that he will love:
1. Have him bristling with manly pride with a simple: ‘Can you help me with this, please?’
It may not be fashionable to talk about a man looking after his defensive lady, but they still love it when you ask them for help. Asking him to unscrew a pickle jar or reach up to a top shelf for you, will have him bristling with manly pride.
2. Make his day with a sincere: ‘You make me feel safe.’
This is another great boost to his macho ego. Men like to be protective and to feel that they can look after a girl, so telling him that you feel safe with him will make his day.
3. Boost his confidence with: ‘That woman’s looking at you.’
This is a confidence booster for a guy, but it also tells him that you care enough to notice that another girl is checking him out. Don’t do it too often though, or he will think you are becoming paranoid!
4. Give him credit and notice his fashion efforts with: ‘I love the way you dress.’
Most guys aren’t exactly fashion conscious, but they do make an effort sometimes, and they like that to be noticed. Give him credit when he tries hard, even if all he’s managed to do is choose a shirt that has actually been ironed.
5. Please him with a simple: ‘You always know how to cheer me up.’
Guys just hate it when their girl is upset and for many of them, knowing what to do about it is quite a challenge. But, if they know that they can make you laugh, even when you feel down, they will be really pleased.
6. Put his mind at rest with: ‘You have a great head of hair.’
Given that so many guys do lose their hair in later years, putting his mind at rest by stating that his hair is still where it should be will be a great relief to him. Just don’t tell him about the thin patch right at the back of his head that he can’t see in the mirror!
7. Motivate him with: ‘Have you been going to the gym?’
Just because he may not be the athletic type, he would still like to think that he’s in pretty good shape. You might actually even give him the motivation to finally do something about his expanding paunch.
8. Stroke his ego with: ‘I don’t know how I’d manage without you.’
Telling your man, he’s utterly irreplaceable is a sure way to his heart. He will love to hear that he is the only man for you and that you rely on him.
9. Emphasize his prowess in the bedroom with: ‘I love it when you do that.’
Men are always concerned about their prowess in the bedroom, so don’t be backward about telling him when he gets it right! He needs to know that he’s good, or he’ll be constantly worrying about it.
10. Let him know that he is approved by your friends with: ‘My friends think you’re great!’
He will be relieved that he has the stamp of approval from your friends. Knowing that your friends approve will make him feel more secure and, even better, he won’t worry so much about you going on a girl’s night out with them.