Kellie Gachaga at only 16 years, has been reppin‘ Kenya in a remarkable way.
If you don’t know her by now, learn more about her here.
She is the first amateur golfer in Kenya to scoop the trophy at the Kenya Ladies Open Championship in March this year.
Kellie is coached by her father, Alfred Gachaga, and he must be hella proud of her.
Her achievements in her golfing career will make you super proud to be Kenyan, just check this out:
- Match play ladies amateur champion – Royal Nairobi Golf Club (WINNER)
2. Stroke play ladies amateur champion – Muthaiga Golf Club (WINNER)
3. All Africa Challenge Trophy – Tunisia (5th)
4. Muthaiga Ladies Club Stroke Play – Muthaiga golf club (WINNER)
5. All Africa Girls Tournament – Nyali golf club (WINNING TEAM)
6. Gilberson and Paige – Zimbabwe, Chapman and Borrowdale brook golf club (WINNING TEAM)
7. Pre-All Africa Challenge Trophy – Malawi (3rd)
8. US Teens Championship Mid Pines – North Carolina (Top 30)
Her latest achievement was at Pinehurst Resort in the USA, which has hosted the Teen World Championship since 2008. This year, six more players hoisted some trophies at this venue that has crowned some of golf’s greatest champions. Kellie had the chance to participate in this legendary event that has made her one of Africa’s shining stars in the sport. She managed to finish in 3RD OUT OF 500 CREME DE LA CREME TEEN GOLFERS OF THE WORLD!
Big up Kellie Gachaga, continue making Kenya proud.