This season has seen so many couples break up, from Amber Rose with Wiz Khalifa and Jason Derulo with Jordin Sparks. Every relationship calls for compromise and understanding. Open communication is also essential, though to be honest, most men are not the chatty type. We all have to understand that men and women are quite different characters, yes we may be of the same genus and species, I firmly believe we are totally different. Perhaps there is another classification after species that has not yet been discovered and men and women belong to different ones. It is in understanding and acknowledging these difference that we can manage long and healthy relationships. Perhaps these break ups we are seeing all over is cause the couples didn’t embrace their differences. Girls, here are a few tips on how you can ensure your man goes nowhere
1. Beauty attracts guys but wisdom keeps them Definitely a guy will come to you cause of your physical attractiveness. Once he has approached you, show him you can hold a conversation. Be adequately versed in many topics. You don’t have to be an avid fan say of football to know the rules of the game. Extend all ways. Know the game play for rugby, but also if gilry know of the fashinistas and what colours to complement your skin. Above all have fun and love your brain!
2. Elegance catches dude’s attention but intelligence convinces them There are rumours that men are scared of intelligent women. That is not true. How often have you heard cases of men leaving their ‘village stay at home wives’ for a colleague? They will hung out with this intelligent educated woman cause they can actually share intelligent thoughts and ideas. They will engage with the intelligent woman cause they feel nicely challenged or hold meaningful debate. Not the shallow or domestic conversations they will get when they get home.
3. Nagging irritates guys but ‘constructive silence weakens them No one likes to be nagged. If he says he is busy or occupied, you do your thing and let him be. Once you show that independence and assurity in yourself, he is bound to seek you out. He should not be your only source of happiness and all. You used to have fun before you two met, carry on with that. It is very dangerous to forget yourself in a relationship. Perhaps your uniqueness is what attracted him to you!
4. Guys have secret struggles and silent pains. Should you ever find them out exhibit the greatest maturity In a long term relationship, you can tell when your partner is not ok. Instead of pestering him to tell you what is up, offer him help indirectly. Do all the stuff he loves, make him happy. He will eventually tell you what is bugging him. Be true to you, and offer support at all times. Nagging will just add salt to the injury.
5. In the long-run your ‘words’ matters more to a dude than your ‘looks’. So invest the right words You heard of the bimbo? These are super gorgeous trophy wives. They are dumber than dumb. They are normally used by men for show. They do not seem to have any worth apart from their looks. And we all know these do not last forever. If he is in it for the looks-that is superficial and he will manage to replace you very easily when he fell what you offering him is fading away.
6. Earn a guy’s respect and he will consider you the yard stick 4 all his action If you respect yourself there are some things you wouldn’t do or people you wouldn’t hung out with. This self-worth transcends to the way you carry yourself. If you show respect, you will earn respect. If a guy feels he can trust you, he will always engage you in his life and will be with you for the long haul. Yeah, what chick doesn’t like to talk? If you are trusted, your guy will always want to talk to you.
7. Dudes will naturally give you their futures if they can recall your maturity in yesterday’s issues If you do not nag, if you offered support when he was down without pestering him to talk, if when he did share you did not judge or belittle him but offer constructive solutions or ideas, a man will hold you in high esteem. He will feel comfortable with you and he will even share his life’s dreams with you. He will feel certain he can have a solid future with you.
8. Chiqs are everywhere but queens are scarce. Let the queen in you come alive and he will hold you in high esteem Queens are endeared to have proper etiquette, they are proper, they lead people, they are wise, and they always look their best. They may seem to have the best of both worlds. They have the power and wisdom to rule associated with men, but they do not forget their effeminate side and they always have the best designs of clothes, not a hair out of place and gorgeous make-up. They take care of themselves well, and use the same intricate care for their land and subjects. A wise Queen understands the balance between these. In life, carry yourself like a Queen, and the guys will come bowing asking for you.
US Lifetime television network finally gave a sneak preview of what fans could expect in the movie “Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B” when they showed a 16 second teaser trailer this weekend.
In the trailer, Alexandra Shipp, who plays the role of Aaliyah, can be seen inside a dark building spotting the late singer’s signature look of crop top and baggy pants, with dark shades. She then bursts into a dance routine, before the trailer reveals the date of the movie release as November 15.
Aaliyah was a high flying singer and actress when her life was cut short in an aeroplane accident back in 2001. She is remembered for the old school jam “Back and Forth”, “Try Again” among others.
The movie creation was not without controversy, however, as the first actress cast for the role Zendaya Coleman quit due production issues. She had problems obtaining the rights to Aaliyah’s music, on top of this, Aaliyah’s family and fans sought to stop the production. They considered Lifetime not to be the appropriate forum for it.
As is the norm, it may take some time after the first screening abroad for the movie to be available locally. For all you R&B fans this will be a great watch!!
It is not sufficient to be a dude. You must become an “idea”. Ladies are attracted to ideas, & not dudes. Here are 10 things to remember when you go about hitting on the girls;1. Connect. Genuine connection with another person should serve as the basis of your game. It doesn’t matter how good your vibes are if you can’t achieve a genuine connection.
2. Positive. Always work to increase the positivity of interactions, and strive to improve the emotions of the people around you. Trying to hurt people only destroys your own value.
3. Now. The immediate moment, the “now” is always more important than any previous moment. Never allow yourself to get stuck in previous moments during the pickup, regardless of what happened. If your last pickup experience was horrible, it’s ok, accept that and move on.
4. Idea. It is not sufficient to be a dude. You must become an “idea”. Chiqs are attracted to ideas, not guys. Once you determine what YOU stand for, your “idea”, make EVERY SINGLE element of your game congruent to that. Everything you do, say, how you dress, your mannerisms, your techniques should serve to reinforce that “idea”. Any deviation from your “idea” is a leak in your game that needs to be fixed. This accounts for why some techniques work for some people and not others.
5. Reveal. When using techniques and routines, you must communicate yourself through the techniques, not hide behind them. Many guys got into the game because they had a fear of letting chiqs see the real them. Routines and techniques have become a very convenient veil that they could hide behind. Don’t let this happen.
6. Value. Demonstrations of value should flow naturally from the reality of your life. Value is built, not fabricated.
7. Vibe. Value is largely perceived as a vibe which is sensed on a subconscious level. How long does it take you to figure out if you like a person or not? 1 minute? 30 seconds? Some of my most memorable relationships came from 1-3 minute number closes.
8. Focus. The nature of your thoughts is the first determinant of your outcome. Your mental “focus” always takes precedence over structure. Never sacrifice your focus in order to follow a generic linear path.
9. Spontaneous. Life is unpredictable. Contingencies always come up. Since chiqs will pay attention to your reactions in all kinds of different situations, your game is only as good as your spontaneous conversation and behaviours.
10. Time. Time is irrelevant to pick up. If you spent 30 minutes with a chiq, but the last 5 were boring, you would have been better off venue changing / getting a number at the 25 minute mark. If you have a problem with flaking, you don’t need to spend more time, you need to improve your vibe.
Summary: Use your time wisely. Be positive, spontaneous, focused, in the “now”; connect, vibe, reveal your real value, and become an idea in her mind.
North West, the baby to celebrity spouses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, is definitely not being groomed to stay out of the limelight like other celeb-babies. Like all the other females in her maternal extended family, she is being pushed towards fame and stardom.
According to Huiffington Post: Mademoiselle North West is barely over a year old, but she’s already commanding what fashionistas may have spent entire careers working toward: A front row seat at Givenchy. Should I call her lucky or spoilt?
North’s parents have been questioned severally about the way they raise their little girl, and they have been heard saying they are addicted to spoiling their baby. Kim also said her girl would not wear the cliché pink colour. North is normally in blacks, whites and shades of grey. Kim has often been criticized for this, with some blogger saying she does not want her baby to outshine her in public.
At the fashion show, the celebrity offspring was seated in pride of place at “AA5 bis” next to proud mom, Kim Kardashian in a revealing Givenchy black bodice look, and dad Kanye West. (“Bis” is a French term for additional, or last minute placing — which suggests that North’s presence had been confirmed only fashionably late.)
She gave her mom a run for her money in the fashion stakes: in a demure black Givenchy tulle dress with patent black leather shoes and stylish thick white laces.
It seems that this family’s going the way of the Smith’s in ensuring that their daughter gets all access to their world from the start. We’ll see how this one turns out.
Spoilt, Lucky…? At the end of the day, the baby is theirs and they can raise her as they see fit!!
Vectors is taught both in form two and three. It is one of the key topics that appear each year in KCSE examinations.
In understanding this topic it must be noted that
i) A vector quantity is defined by both direction and magnitude (size)
ii) A change of direction implies a change of sign e.g OA= a but AO = -a
iii) Fractions and ratios are related in that if AR:RB = 1:2 then AR = 1/3 AB
In the triangle OAB below, M is the mid-point of AB and R divides OB in the ratio 1:2
a) Given that OA=a and OB=b express the following vectors in terms of a and b
i) AB = AO + OB
ii) OM = OA AM (or OB+BM)
= a+ ½ AB (a midpoint M divides AB into two halves)
= a+ ½ (-a+b) nb. AB= -a+b
= a- ½a + ½b
= ½a + ½b
The two expressions are
OX= ½ha + ½hb
OX = (1-t)a+1/3tb
Forming simultaneous equations
½ha = 1-ta
½h = 1-t (cancel a) – I
½hb = 1/3tb
½h = 1/3t (cancel b) – II
Making t the subject in equation I
t = (1- ½h)
Substituting t in equation II
½h = 1/3(1- ½h)
½h = 1/3-1/6h
½h + 1/6h = 1/3
2/3h = 1/3
therefore t= 1- ½h
= 1- ½ ( ½)
c) Hence express OX in terms of a and b
Rmb OX= ½ha + ½hb
but h = ½
OX = ½ (½ )a + ½ (½ )b
= ¼ b + ¼b
How These Entrepreneurs Under 30 Are Changing the World
The youth today practically run the world. Many enterprises mound and fashion their products to meet the young people’s ever changing minds. Young people today change and modify the world to suit their needs and wants. They do not just sit around and think about changing the world to suit their purposes. Inexperience is not a deterance, they’re fearless.
There is no such thing as a new idea in the market. Totally new innovations are rare. What happened is that the old inventions are recreated in a fresh way to suit the modern market. Look at Mpesa, there was already money gram and western union; when mobile phones were somewhat rare and inaccessible. Now that we have these gadgets why not bring that service to you, thus Mpesa was born, and is being adapted in Europe too. The youth have approaches that align with their internet upbringing and their expectation that commodities and information be transparent and easily shared.
Occasionally, this boldness translates to major profits– and that is the case with this year’s crop of Young Millionaires, who have found dizzying success before the age of 30. They may be young, but we expect them to have influence that lasts.
Below is a list of 4 young millionaires and how simple acts have earned them a lot.
1. Rewriting the Smartphone Keyboard at Age 28
Typing on the smart phone, especially on a touch can be tedious, sometime you input the wrong key, or auto correct and prediction setting put you way off from what you wanted to say. Jon Reynolds can lend a hand. The 28-year-old’s London-based startup, SwiftKey, eliminates the clumsiness and frustration of inputting text into smart devices by replacing the stock on-screen keyboard with an artificial-intelligence-driven alternative that analyzes typing and language patterns to accurately forecast which words users will enter next.
SwiftKey was originally designed for Google’s Android mobile operating system. This Keyboard has a proprietary prediction engine that can tell the relationships between more than a trillion words. The app learns your pattern of writing across platforms like SMS, e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Once SwiftKey understands your writing style, the engine accurately anticipates what you’re going to type faster than your fingers can follow. More than 80 percent of the time, users don’t need to press more than two letters before SwiftKey fills in the rest. Just cause you don’t have to type the entire word doesn’t mean you will be lazy to learn, the software also helps clean up grammar and spelling errors.
Reynolds conceived SwiftKey in 2008 while toiling as a civil servant. After witnessing a colleague struggling to enter text using a BlackBerry keypad, Reynolds started exploring solutions in collaboration with Ben Medlock, a fellow University of Cambridge graduate whose Ph.D. studies included natural language and information processing. “Improving the typing experience presented a massive opportunity,” Reynolds recalls.
The SwiftKey Keyboard app is available on Google Play’s storefront, for free (having made so much money. It is currently installed in more than 200Million devises worldwide). The app supports more than 70 languages, from Afrikaans to Vietnamese. Subsequent updates and enhancements include SwiftKey Flow (an input method that enables consumers to slide between letters and the space bar for uninterrupted typing), hundreds of emoji characters and emoji predictions, and cloud backup features. Additionally, the firm has rolled out SwiftKey Healthcare, which tailors its predictive features to the medical professional lexicon.
It reigned as Google Play’s bestselling paid productivity app for two years and topped download charts in close to 60 countries. SwiftKey has software licensing partnerships with manufacturers like Samsung, the company has raised more than $20 million in funding from investors like Accel Partners and Index Ventures.
SwiftKey has also set its sights on Apple’s iOS operating system. Historically, Apple has blocked third-party keyboard options, but in early June the company’s executives pledged to reverse that stance. SwiftKey Keyboard for iPhone is slated to hit the App Store this year, promising all the innovations Android users know and love. “Our culture is very focused on delivering the best experience, best accuracy and best features we think will benefit users,” Reynolds says. “Rather than a kind of abstract keyboard built by the manufacturer, we want to give [consumers] something they’re more passionate about.”
By Jason Ankeny
Chicago-based writer Jason Ankeny is the executive editor of Fiercemobile content, a daily electronic newsletter dedicated to mobile media, applications and marketing.
NEXT: Building a Peer-to-Peer Car Sharing Network at Age 27
University intake is in progress and soon first years will arrive with their new clothes and the latest kicks but little do they know what lies ahead for them. So freshers, as you pack your suitcases and leave the security of your parents’ home, ‘leave the nest’ to explore the world, here are the last eight pointers to help you along the way;
9. Take care of yourself Fresher’s flu – a particularly persistent and horrid kind of cold/cough/flu – is rife around this time of year. New people, new environment, and a demanding social schedule can mean that your immune system is more susceptible to getting a small illness that can ruin your fun. If you feel a little bit peaky, try taking vitamin C to bolster your immune system – or if you’re really feeling drained, take a multi-vitamin tablet daily. However, if all else fails…
10. Open a student bank account Lots of banks offer student accounts with various perks, so figure out which one is the best for you and open it. If you already have a bank account, you should be able to change it to a student one –just pop into the local branch and have a word. Compare deals for students offered by all major banks. Plus, this will help you save more plus earn interest just like that. Who don like free cash?
11. Volunteer Again, another great way to meet people, potentially learn new skills or develop old ones! I promise you, you will feel good about giving something back. Most student unions have a volunteering arm. If not, there is a great database you can search to find volunteering opportunities near you. Currently there is one looking for Uni students to go teach in primary schools with a shortage of teachers.
12. Be open-minded about others Everyone’s nervous and most importantly, everyone is in the same boat when it comes to starting university. Be open-minded – even if someone doesn’t seem like your kind of person, give them a chance. They could be the most interesting person you meet all year. Treat people with the amount of respect you want shown to you.
13. Sign up for free-choice modules early Whether you want to get a taste of another subject you’re interested in, boost your marks with something you know that you’re good at, or improve your foreign language skills, the free-choice module offered by many universities represent an opportunity. Sign up early and you won’t be disappointed when your module is oversubscribed. Plus in some private Unis the first couple of weeks you can attend-visit other classes that you are not registered for. It is like a preview of what the course will be about.
14. Learn to budget Simple, but so many forget to do it. By the end of the first month you may find yourself living on noodles, mandazi and water as you spend too much of your money having fun and going out. Some people find setting up an excel spreadsheet helps. Some find the ‘iron budget’ simpler – go out with a set amount of cash and no cards.
15. Try new stuff University is one of those times in life when you’re supposed to experiment and find out what makes you tick. Why not try something you’ve never even considered before – join a crazy-sounding society or get a group of friends together to do a fun activity like surfing or zeroing.
16. Keep off drugs So what we get drunk, So what we smoke weed,
We’re just having fun, We don’t care who sees,
So what we go out, that’s how it’s supposed to be
Living young and wild and free” Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Doggy
This might be the anthem for college life, but beware because things can go downhill very fast under the guise of “having fun.” In the process, you might lose yourself and the whole point of college. It is important that even as you ‘search for yourself’, you are aware that “to find yourself, think for yourself” – Socrates. Do not be a follower, take the path less travelled. I aont telling you to be a boring, just make the most of your time in college to broaden your thinking and enrich your experiences. All things in moderation…AWESOMENESS!!!
It’s finally out. The FIFA 15, it’s finally here and it’s more exciting than ever.
First of all, if you’re still on that PS 2 vibe then you best keep enjoying the FIFA 14 because apparently that’s all the FIFA you’ll be playing from here on seeing as the game’s developers, Canadian based EA sports, only made the game for PS 3, PS 4, Xbox and Xbox 360.
FIFA 15 offers an all exciting feel in the pitch, off pitch and in the stadium as well with unique fan reactions and improved commentary making match day more dynamic and lively.
The game takes player emotions a notch higher having players react differently to bad tackles, missed chances and crucial goals just as they would in real life with the introduction of 600 new emotional reactions in each player. Facial expressions and body language will have you experience the attitudes and emotions of your favourite player.
Man to Man battles, also newly introduced to FIFA, makes battling for the ball more intensified as players are more physical and use possession tackles to win and keep the ball.
Also thanks to the improved cloth technology, shirt pulling by players is now visible as well as shoulder barges. You can also see footprints, dirt, mud and grass stains on the players’ jerseys more clearly thanks to better animation in this game.
Keepers command their area with more awareness and intelligence than ever before making quick decisions in one – on – ones and when tracking the ball on crosses, corners and through balls towards their box. This player intelligence doesn’t end with the goalie however. Opponents will also recognize what’s happening in a match and adjust their tactics and playing style to gain advantage through either “parking the bus “, wasting time and other familiar tactics you’ll have to overcome to beat them.
What’s good though is that you could also set your team mentality to park the bus to counter your opponents’ tactics. What’s super amazing in this game, according to me, must be the team management feature that comes with it which allows you to preset formations for any of your custom squads and pick the best to take on your next opponent.
If you’re a fan of the most popular football video games then you better get your hands on the new FIFA 15 that just came out (September 23rd 2014) as it will revolutionize the way you view football video games.
The greatest gift you can ever receive is your parent/s. A midst all the trials and tribulations you go through in one way or the other they have always been there for you. To correct you, show you the light during the darkest of days and even protect you.
Parenthood is a life-long commitment. Deciding to have children is momentous; it’s like allowing your heart to walk around outside your body hoping that it will grow into a greater epitome of you.
Sadly due to an endless list of reasons in our ‘civil and developing world’, most parents never had the chance of being there for their kids. They missed the chance of watching us soar to great heights or supporting us during our lows. If they are present, that doesn’t mean they don’t care. Perhaps they are preoccupied with their sources of employment, that we them to be obsessed. Deep down, however, it is us they are struggling for.
Tupac Shakur sung, “…coming home after work late. You’re in the kitchen tryin to fix us a hot plate. Ya just workin with the scraps you was given. And mama made miracles” … Is but an example of the sacrifices our parents make to see us reach the peak of our success.
Children are like clay, our parents and life changing events are the hands used to shape up the clay into a masterpiece. Every time the hands touch, the clay transforms into something else, for its beauty or its destruction. Even at the beginning of time clay has never been picked up from the ground already moulded into a piece of art, you have to work on it.
At the end of the day we owe our parents for who we are. They are one of the greatest teachers we will ever receive. Our parents constantly strive to be in our memories by being there for us today.
I salute all the parents out there who have raised an upright kid in terms of morals and self-worth. I praise the most those that raised their children single handily. It is a big struggle. It drains one emotionally, spiritually and financially. For the thoughts they have are never really theirs but for their child always.
As individuals we should respect all the guys who are ever present in their children’s lives for hustling to feed their kids, watching them mature and actually celebrating mothers’ day aint easy.
“As we were born the world rejoiced as we cried” a midst all the joy was our parents. We should never forget that. We owe them our lives for making the choice to keep us. If it were it not for them we would have been non-existent.
They gave YOU life, the least you can do is give them a reason to live!!!