Underground zits are the worst of them all
We’ve all woken up to the horrifying sight of a pimple, and prayed that it would disappear within a few days. There is, however, a certain skin condition that doesn’t go away on its own and can last for up to a few (painful, and miserable) weeks: cystic acne. “This particular breed leaves scars and needs to be treated correctly,” says Dr. Elizabeth L. Tanzi, a dermatologist and co-director of the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery. “Teens tend to treat cysts as they would a standard blemish, which will only serve to further irritate already-sensitive skin,” she says.
Unlike standard zits, cystic acne is deeply embedded in the skin tissue
Cysts never actually come to a poppable head. “It’s essentially an infection of the skin, exactly like when you scrape your knee and it gets red and infected,” says celebrity skin care expert and esthetician Renée Rouleau. Large, fluid-filled cysts form layers under the surface of the skin, and are often painful to the touch. For chicks, you may notice that they tend to pop up around that very glamorous time of the month, or for the guys they could be the result of a really stress-filled few weeks. There’s even a chance that your diet could be the problem. Do not consume a lot of dairy products.
And as we said before, a cyst is not a zit. So seriously, put the pins and needles down! “Everyone thinks that if they have any kind of pimple, they should pop it,” says Joanna Vargas, renowned celebrity esthetician. “But you need to leave cysts alone, because all that aggression is only making it worse.” Cyst-like breakouts actually damage healthy tissue, so picking only exacerbates the skin and inhibits its self-healing abilities. Also you’re more likely to develop scars from trying to pop something so deep down.
A pretty big key in preventing cyst formation is to focus on proper lymphatic drainage, which will ensure liquids don’t get trapped or built up. The easiest way to do this is by incorporating sonic cleansing into your routine. A face brush, like the Philips Pure Radiance Facial Cleansing System, will help to stimulate the cells and promote proper circulation. You can also check out a genius YouTube tutorial on the French lymphatic facial technique here.
How to treat Acne Naturally
Before acne can be treated naturally to go for a thorough checkup with a dermatologist checking for symptoms, a medical examination done and sometimes an allergy test maybe performed
Below are suggested daily treatments:-
1. Washing your face with a balanced pH liquid soap every day morning and night to remove the oil. Dry your face with a paper towel, so that the skin is not get contaminated again
2. Apply propolis cream with aloe Vera. Chiqs you can apply your makeup over propolis cream / use aloe vera jelly which as good
3. It is good idea to clean the skin deeply with a cleansing facial mask two times a week, which will remove the dirt and oil from the deeper layers of the skin
4. Take beta-carotene
5. It is advisable to use an exfoliating cream periodically, wash your face with neutral liquid soap. Also apply a facial mask with retinol and fruit acids base to slowly correct or mend damaged skin
6. Take a natural antibiotic like bee propolis until the infection diminishes
7. In addition it is suggested to eliminate as much sugar and flour as possible as well as fried foods, butter, chocolate and whole milk
8. Increase the consumption of fibre as well as bio yoghurt which cleans the stomach and intestine
9. Avoid the use of greasy creams or cosmetics
10. Avoid oral contraceptives and drugs. Take minerals like chromium, selenium or zinc which helps in the activity of hormones
11. Avoid soaps that contain sulfides, iodine, bromides or oil
12. Important supplements include bee propolis, garlic thyme, the above minerals, beta carotene and vitamin E & C
Home remedies treatment of acne:
1. Mix 3 tablespoon of honey, 1 spoon of cinnamon powder and mix them thorougly and prepare the paste, then apply to the acne-affected areas daily before going to bed and wash in the morning with warm water (2weeks)
2. Mix lemon juice and cinammon in equal amounts or instead of cinammon replace with groundnut oil;
3. mixture of cucumber and tomato juice will help tighten the skin pores
Finally, it’s important to know that, unlike surface acne, cysts won’t heal themselves over time, so it may be wise to consult a dermatologist if this is a recurring issue. “Derms can help you explore different treatment options, from over-the-counter medication to cortisone shots, and find the one that works best for you,” Dr. Tanzi says. However, Rouleau cautions that you should exhaust all at-home treatments first. “Those shots are expensive, and they can actually cause temporary indentation on the face,” she notes. “It’s better to explore all your options before heading to the doctor’s.” However, if multiple eruptions show up at once or tend to occur frequently, a visit to the derm is in order.
By Tina Ferraro and Quick Fitness Hub