A student in Barsumat secondary school has lost his life while his friend faces possibility of blindness. This is after the two consumed methanol on Sunday night a day before kick off of the K.C.S.E exams.

Boniface Chebii met his death while at home while his friend Reuben Cherop lost his sight while undergoing treatment at a local clinic.

Both students lives could have been saved if they reported the incident early before it got out of hand. Parents, teachers and students have been left in shock on the unexpected incident.

READ ALSO: A FOLDABLE PHONE? SAMSUNG ON YET ANOTHER DISCOVERY

Students have been urged to exercise care in all they do during this time that the National exams have just kicked off.